Solutions and Crystallisation
1. What is a Solution?
2. Dilute Solutions
Choose a Module
Solids, Liquids and Gases
Elements, Mixtures and Compounds
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Solutions and Crystallisation.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Understand the terms solution, solvent and solute.
2. Know the difference between dilute, concentrated and saturated solutions.
3. Be able to measure the solubility of a substance and explain a solubility curve.
4. Know how crystallisation from a saturated solution occurs.
5. Understand how crystals are used in industry.