1. Definition of fuel
2. Fossil fuels
3. Crude oil as a mixture
4. Fossil fuel burners
5. Hydrogen as rocket fuel
Choose a Module
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Fuels.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Be able to explain the difference between a fuel and a fossil fuel.
2. Be able to describe how different fossil fuels are formed.
3. Be able to test and compare a selection of fuels.
4. Understand that crude oil is a mixture.
5. Understand the differences between fossil fuels and hydrogen fuel cells.
6. Be able to explain that the burning of fuels can be used to create thrust.