Elements, Mixtures and Compounds
1. Key Definitions
2. Different Types of Mixtures
3. Uses of Colloids and Detergents
4. Harmful Effects of Detergents
Choose a Module
Solids, Liquids and Gases
Solutions and Crystallisation
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Elements, Mixtures and Compounds.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Be able to explain the differences between an element and a compound.
2. Be able to explain the differences between an atom and a molecule.
3. Know that there are different types of mixtures and be able to explain their differences.
4. Know that an emulsion is a type of colloid, as well as the uses of some emulsions in daily life and industry.
5. Know what a detergent is and how it is important in daily activities, as well as its environmental effects.