1. What is Current?
4. Electromotive Force
6. Effects of Current
Choose a Module
Electricity in the Home
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Electricity.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Be able to classify materials as conductors or insulators.
2. Be able to measure current, potential difference (voltage) and resistance.
3. Understand the relationship between current, potential difference and resistance.
4. Be able to perform simple calculations based on the relationship between current, potential difference (voltage) and resistance.
5. Understand the heating /chemical/magnetic effect of an electric current and identify everyday applications of these, including the action of a fuse.
6. Understand simple series and parallel circuits containing a switch and two bulbs.