Cycles of Matter
1. Cycles of Matter
2. The Earth's Atmosphere
3. Defining Matter
4. The Water Cycle
5. The Carbon Cycle
6. Human Impacts on Natural Cycles
7. Climate Change
Choose a Module
Cycles of Energy
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
Welcome to the module on Cycles of Matter!
At the end of this module you should:
1. Understand the importance of the Earth's atmosphere and its component gases.
2. Know what matter is and how it is transferred between living things and their environment.
3. Be able to describe how matter is used and returned to the atmosphere.
4. Be able to describe the carbon and water cycle.
5. Know the four processes in the water cycle.
6. Understand the human impact on the cycling of matter.
7. Be able to put forward ideas on how to reduce the factors of climate change.