1. Water as a Solvent/Coolant
2. Polar/Non-polar Molecules
3. Water as a conductor
4. Surface tension
6. Hard water
Choose a Module
Acids and Bases
Metals and Non-Metals
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Water.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Know why water is such a useful solvent and coolant.
2. Be able to explain what a polar molecule is.
3. Understand the difference between a polar and non-polar solvent.
4. Understand water surface tension.
5. Understand the density of water.
6. Understand osmosis.
7. Know what hard water is and how to test for it.