1. An Introduction to the Atom
2. Bohr's Orbital Model of the Atom
4. The Octet Rule
5. Particles and their Charges
Choose a Module
The Periodic Table
Valency and Reactions
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on the Atom.
By the end of this you should be able to;
1. Describe and locate the components of an atom.
2. Describe the charges for the different parts of the atom.
3. Explain the scientific definition of an atom.
4. Explain the difference between atomic mass and atomic number.
5. Read the information for any element from the periodic table and describe it.