1. Rocket technology
2. Solid vs. liquid fuel
3. Escape velocity
4. Rocket staging
5. Ablative heat shielding
6. Manned vs. unmanned spacecraft
7. Space planes
8. The challenges of space travel
9. Development of technology
10. Space exploration, yes or no?
Choose a Module
Origins of the Universe
The Sun-Earth-Moon Model
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Flotation
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Space Exploration!
Things to note!
1. The difference between solid and liquid fuel rockets.
2. How rocket staging works.
3. The different types of manned spacecraft.
4. The advantages/disadvantages of manned and unmanned missions.
5. The challenges associated with space travel.
6. The technologies developed from space travel research.
7. Some of the arguments in favour of and against space exploration.