1. Rocket Technology
2. Solid vs. Liquid Fuel
3. Rocket Staging
4. Manned vs. Unmanned Spacecraft
5. The Challenges of Space Travel
6. Development of Technology
7. Space Exploration, Yes or No?
Choose a Module
Origins of the Universe
The Sun-Earth-Moon Model
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Space Exploration!
At the end of this module you should;
1. Know the difference between solid and liquid fuel rockets.
2. Understand how rocket staging works.
3. Understand the different types of manned spacecraft.
4. Know the advantages/disadvantages of manned and unmanned missions.
5. Understand the challenges associated with space travel.
6. Know about the technologies developed from space travel research.
7. Understand some of the arguments in favour of and against space exploration.