Sound and Magnetism
1. What is sound?
2. Sound transmission
3. Detecting sound
4. Measuring sound
6. Locating North/South poles
Choose a Module
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module Sound and Magnetism.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Know that sound is a form of energy and it is produced by vibrating particles.
2. Understand that sound transmission requires a medium and that echoes are reflected sound.
3. Understand how the ear detects sound vibrations and how very loud sounds can cause hearing damage.
4. Understand that the speed of sound is less than the speed of light.
5. Understand attraction and repulsion between magnets.
6. Understand that the earth is a magnetic field and be able to locate north and south.
7. Understand that magnetism is a form of energy.