Metals and Non-Metals
1. Properties of Metals/Non-Metals
3. Alloys and their uses
5. Reactivity Series
Choose a Module
Acids and Bases
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Metals and Non-Metals.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Know the properties of metals and non-metals.
2. Understand the differences between metals, non-metals and metalloids.
3. Be able to classify the reactivity series of a selection of metals.
4. Understand the conditions needed for rusting and how to prevent it.
5. Be able to describe the alloys and their uses.