1. Light energy
3. Reflection of light
6. Concave/Convex lens
8. Electromagnetic Spectrum
Choose a Module
Sound and Magnetism
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Light!
At the end of this module you should:
1. Know that light is a form of energy and that it can be converted to other forms.
2. Understand how light travels in straight lines.
3. Understand how shadows are formed.
4. Understand the difference between luminous and non-luminous objects.
5. Understand that white light is made up of different colours.
6. Understand how to produce white light, and a spectrum of light.
7. Understand the operation of a simple periscope.
8. Understand reflection and refraction.
9. Understand how concave and convex lenses can be used to resolve eye disorders.
10. Be able to identify the regions on the electromagnetic spectrum and briefly describe each region.