1. Air as a mixture
2. Aerobic respiration
5. Characteristic tests
6. Fire triangle
7. Conservation of mass
8. Effects of carbon dioxide
9. Test for water vapour
10. Displacement methods
11. Properties of carbon dioxide
Choose a Module
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Flotation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Gases.
Things to note!
1. The characteristic tests for oxygen, carbon dioxide and hydrogen gases.
2. The properties of carbon dioxide.
3. Combustion and the Fire Triangle.
4. Combustion, respiration, photosynthesis as chemical reactions.
5. The atmosphere is a mixture of gases in a number of layers.
6. Law of Conservation of Mass through the production and identification of a gas.
7. The role of carbon dioxide in photosynthesis and extinguishing fire.