Electricity in the Home
2. Kilo Watt Hours
3. The Cost of Running an Appliance
4. Alternating/Direct Circuits
6. Circuit Breakers
Choose a Module
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Electricity in the Home.
At the end of this module you should:
1. Understand how a ring circuit works.
2. Understand the difference between direct and alternating current.
3. Know that the voltage of the mains supply is 230 volts a.c.
4. Know the unit of electrical energy used by electricity supply companies.
5. Be able to calculate the cost of using common electrical appliances.
6. Know how to wire a plug correctly.
7. Understand the safety role of a fuse in domestic electrical circuits.
8. Understand the safety role of circuit breakers in domestic electrical circuits.