Electricity in the Home
2. Kilo watt hours(kWh)
3. The cost of running an appliance
4. Alternating/direct circuits
6. Circuit breakers
7. Energy efficient appliances
Choose a Module
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Flotation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Electricity in the Home.
Things to note!
1. How a ring circuit works.
2. The difference between direct and alternating current.
3. That the voltage of the mains supply is 230 volts a.c.
4. The unit of electrical energy used by electricity supply companies.
5. How to calculate the cost of using common electrical appliances.
6. How to wire a plug correctly.
7. The safety role of a fuse in domestic electrical circuits.
8. The safety role of circuit breakers in domestic electrical circuits.