1. Defining Pollution
2. Weather and Climate
3. The Carbon and Water Cycles
4. The Greenhouse Effect
5. The Ozone Layer
6. Greenhouse Gases
7. The Effects of Global Warming
8. Methods of Reducing Levels of CO2
9. Acid Rain
Choose a Module
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
8. Acids and Bases
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Atmospheric Pollution.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
1. Explain the difference between weather and climate.
2. Explain the Carbon Cycle and the Water Cycle.
3. Understand the importance of the Greenhouse Effect.
4. Demonstrate the Greenhouse Effect using a simple model.
5. Describe the main greenhouse gases and their effects on the environment.
6. Understand the differences between the Greenhouse Effect and the Enhanced Greenhouse Effect.
7. Understand the importance of the ozone layer.
8. Understand how acid rain is formed and its effects on the environment.
9. Understand the causes of global climate change and possible ways to reduce large changes to the climate.