Acids and Bases
2. Tests for Acids and Bases
3. The pH Scale
4. Strength of Acids and Bases
6. Acids/Bases in Nature
Choose a Module
Metals and Non-Metals
Try another Lesson
1. Cells and Living Things
2. Nutrition and Well Being
3. How Our Body Systems Interact
4. Variation and Reproduction
6. Solids, Liquids and Gases
7. The Atom
10. Measuring Physical Quantities
12. Force and Work
13. Density and Floatation
15. Origins of the Universe
16. Cycles of Matter
Welcome to the module on Acids and Bases.
By the end of this lesson you should be able to:
1. Explain the difference between an acid, a base and an alkaline.
2. Test for acids and bases using litmus indicators.
3. Use the pH scale to classify the acid and base strength of substances.
4. Test the pH of a variety of substances.
5. Explain the difference between the strength and the concentration of acids/bases.
6. Understand the importance of acids and bases in nature.